Tuesday, December 29, 2009

2009 Christmas Letter - Part 1

Happy Holidays friends!!!

I wanted to do a Christmas card this year, but ran out of time. Darn, was going to milk those wedding photos one more time. So in lieu of a Christmas letter mailed out to friends and family, we'll do a little recap here to ensure we commemorate what Hubs calls "The Best Year Ever".

2009 was a BUSY year for us. It was filled with friends and family and celebrations. Lets just start from the beginning...

January - We rang in 2009 3 times on an airplane heading out to the West coast. Every time zone, another new year. We began our trip in Dulles Airport having drinks with Lavar Arrington, who was making the same trek to the Rose Bowl as we were. Almost everyone on the flight was Penn Staters, I was actually surprised when We Are...Penn State didn't get started. We went to the game on New Year's Day (Penn State lost :( ) then spent a couple more days in Los Angeles exploring the city. We can't wait to go back when it'll be a bit warmer next time.

February - Kicked off this month with our teams going head-to-head in the Super Bowl. The Cardinals should have won, just sayin'. Husband traveled to Pittsburgh with his buddies for his Bachelor party, it would be the first Penguins game he would see in the Burgh this yeah. I kept it local with my besties all coming in from out of town for a bridal shower and Bachelorette party.

March - We spent the month running around prepping for the wedding and then on the 28th we became Man and Wife. All of our hard work paid off. Best. Day. Ever.

April - We returned from our Honeymoon to Puerto Vallarta and immediately I jumped into wedding activities for my bestie from Penn State. Traveled to Philadelphia 4 weekends in a row. The first two were Bachelorette party and bridal shower. The third weekend was an impromptu trip to compare Pat's vs. Geno's Cheese steaks. The debate started at about 11PM after a full day of watching the NFL Draft with some friends. With Philly only about 2 1/2 hours away we walked the dogs and piled 5 people into a car and hit the road. We got there about 2:30 AM and were in line at Geno's. After waiting in line at both places, and the votes split for best cheese steak, we hopped back in the car and were home by 7:30AM. We also celebrated Sidney's first birthday on the 14th.

Stay tuned for what other adventures we got into this past year!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment