Monday, November 30, 2009

I'll Be Home For Christmas...

I hope that everyone had a fantastic and relaxing Thanksgiving! With one holiday down I can now focus on Christmas. I missed seeing my Mom, sister and her family at Thanksgiving this year. My oldest nephew is four and honestly says the darndest things, I missed a couple good ones from the recaps I've heard.

I'm beyond thrilled for Christmas this year. In the past Tony and I have pretty much ignored the holiday season altogether except for the shopping we do for family. This year, after helping my mom assemble her tree and bring out all the ornaments, I decided that we are a family now and thus need a tree. Families should have a tree, right? So we went out to Lowe's thinking we'd come home with a tabletop tree and ended up lugging out a box with a 6 1/2 foot, pre-lit, beauty. I had gathered some ornaments from my childhood from my mom and started throwing those babies on the tree. We quickly realized my couple dozen ornaments weren't going to cut it. We have to go out to search for some good ornaments and a tree topper. But we can't just have a tree, right?? More decor will definitely be required.


 note the huge gaping hole I didn't notice until uploading this pic. 
I will be fixing that as soon as I walk in the door tonight...


I found some adorable stockings for the mister, pups, and I on etsy but everytime I go back to her shop more of my favorites have disappeared!!! I think I need to remember that I don't have to get everything this year. It takes couples years to have a fully stocked Christmas arsenal. Maybe the tree is our big purchase this year.

So besides being able to now blast the Christmas music 24x7 without shame, how are you getting into the Christmas spirit after Thanksgiving?

No comments:

Post a Comment