Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

So we're doing Valentine's Day super low key this year. That's just the nice way of saying we're not doing anything. It being a Monday puts the biggest damper on plans and me not wanting to spend any cash doesn't help either.

We did have dinner at my mom's house last night, so I decided to make some yummy Red/Pink/White treats.

I whipped out my KitchenAid, that has been sitting sad and neglected in the corner, to bake Red Velvet Cupcakes.




I saved some of the frosting to dye pink and decorate. I had a lot of fun playing with the decorations and will have to definitely do this in the future to add some pizazz for future events. I made one batch of mini's with our nephew's names on them, they loved them!

What are your plans for Valentine's Day? Are you doing a weekday date night?

P.S. Don't forget that today is your last day to enter my giveaway for a $50 American Express Gift card!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment