Monday, March 7, 2011

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry...

Saturday we had a wedding to go to, we've been looking forward to it for a long time to get to see some friends we haven't seen since our own wedding. Saturday morning we were being lazy around the house, the wedding was all we had scheduled. I decided to take my time getting ready, so I gave myself three hours to get pulled together and out the door. It was supposed to be a relaxing day where we just got to relax and enjoy the big day for our friends.

After a marathon karaoke sing along in the shower I was wandering around starting to pull stuff out of the closet to get ready. I go to get hubs' suit and it's not there. We had cleaned out our closet when we thought our house would be going on the market, so his dress clothes are all being stored at my mom's house. I called her and she had already left for the day, so I'd have to run over myself. No worries, since I started getting ready so early, I'd dash over and only lose about 35 minutes. I jump in my car, hit every single red light on the way over there, and am starting to get anxious. I have her house key on a separate key chain, so I was just going to leave my car on, run in grab the suit and head out.

As soon as I jumped out of the car and slammed the door I realized I had locked it. Keys locked in, engine running, clock ticking. I currently had my spare car keys since we had dropped my regular keys off with friends that morning who would be watching the pups for the night. I called hubs and didn't know whether I would laugh or cry. He talked me off the ledge, gave me our AAA membership information and I got on the phone with them. They told me 45 mins until someone could get out there, so I had nothing to do but wait. Hubs grabbed our stuff for the wedding and came out to my mom's house to get ready there. He showed up the same time the locksmith did.

We got ready in record time, jumped in his car, leaving mine at the house, and were on our way. We were actually one of the first to get to the church, we were relaxed and settled in to see our friends tie the knot. Shortly after the ceremony started I realized I never had him zip my dress all the way up!!! It was a side zipper, so my arm mostly covered it, but the whole time I was super paranoid that I was giving the whole church a show. We got to a point in the ceremony where everyone was standing and got it taken care of.

After that it was back to the house to get our stuff to stay over at the hotel. Once we were checked in and I had a glass of wine in my hand, the drama of the day wore off and we celebrated those nuptials like it was our job!!!

I need another weekend after this weekend. Only have to make it through 5 more days!

How was your weekend? Any surprises throw you for a loop?

No comments:

Post a Comment