Thursday, August 20, 2009

Very Exciting (For ME) Weekend Plans

I am so very excited about this weekend. Why, you ask? Well I have a very busy weekend planned. It is going to start in my kitchen, move to the bathroom, through our bedroom, and into the living/dining room.

What is going on in each of these rooms? Cleaning. Well, really purging. I'm so freakin' stoked about bringing home empty boxes and filling them up and taking out all of that crap we have accumulated over the years.

I want to get rid of AT LEAST 10% of my clothes. Anything that I'm absolutely determined that I'll fit into again is getting boxed up and kept for one year. Just one year. If in one year I have not made any progress towards these clothes, they get sold or donated. Everything else is getting stored until the spring when my mom, sister, and I will do a joint yard sale.

Why am I doing this now and not waiting until spring? My house is exploding on every surface, in every corner, in every room. I can't wait. This is all a result of reading unclutterer.com and all the design blogs I've found my way to. Their rooms and spaces just seem so much nicer when you can SEE them.

Did I mention I can't wait?

I'm kicking the hubbie out and getting to work. There might be wine involved. Who knows where this will take me.

Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment