Monday, March 22, 2010

Dancing With The Stars Premier - Live Blog (On a delay)

So husband just went to bed and I can finally start DWTS. I'm just going to do my best to discuss each performance. I am in no way a dancing expert, but I know what I like. Also interested to see how Brooke Burke does. Here we go....

Oooooh did you just see Gia from The Bachelor in the audience???

First up, my clear favorite, Ocho Cinco and Cheryl Burke, a strong couple. Good footwork, it doesn't look like Cheryl is doing ALL the work, but I think he definitely needs a bit more confidence and he will be cheesin' it up and shakin his booty. I can see him really turning up the heat in a couple of weeks. The judges were kind with their critique but a little low on the scores, we'll see how that works out. (Judges score - 18)

Shannen Doherty and Mark Ballas - He is going to be a good teacher for her, I like him. Good first dance for them. She looked SO nervous. There were some awkward moments, but I think those will smooth out over time. Pretty much agree with Carrie Ann and Bruno, she has potential. (Judges score - 18)

Erin Andrews and Maxsim Chmerkovskiy - He is a strong partner, he will bring some edge to their routines. Their routine seemed a bit simple, but it being week 1, understandable. I think they could be the SEXY couple, work it!!!! I'm expecting a lot out of these two. She is going to be able to work the charisma, but is really going to have to work on technique when we get deeper into the season. (Judges score - 21)

Jake Pavelka and Chelsie Hightower - Chelsea is good with those awkward guys (Ty and Louie anyone???) she is gonna make him look good. (He brought a rose? cheese ball) Not exactly graceful or elegant, but he can loosen up. At times he looked like he was flinging his arm across the room. He can be in the running for Most Improved. (Judges score - 20)

Niecy Nash and Louis Van Amstel - I think she is going to get by on her showmanship and personality. She's got rhythm and once she gets her feet under her, she'll be really fun to watch. (Judges score - 18)

Evan Lysacek and Anna Trebunskaya -  Olympians always do well, he's got that advantage already. He looked great. Graceful and elegant. But looked like he was trying too hard to incorporate skating. His feet did seem to get mixed up a couple of times. Regardless, I think I will really enjoy watching him, he's gonna be good. Bruno said exactly what I was thinking, this guy is TALL! (Judges score - 23, well deserved I think)

Buzz Aldrin and Ashly Costa -  She's got her work cut out for her. She looks very nervous to be working with him. I like his astronaut t-shirt though. Ashly has done a good job working with what she's got. Didn't make it too difficult for him to remember. He'll be around longer than he should because of his charm (age), much like Tom Delay. He's cute, congrats to him for taking a stab at the show! (Judges score - 14)

Nicole Scherzinger and Derek Hough - I think these two are going to be a strong couple. She's got he music and at least stage presence to her advantage. She'll work her sex appeal and will get by at least on that until her dancing catches up. I think she is this season's Mya. She looked great. She and Derek really seemed to be in sync with each other. Best Viennese waltz so far. (Judges score - 25)
Aiden Turner and Edyta Sliwinska - I hope he goes far for pure eye candy! He looks a little stiff, maybe with a couple weeks experience he'll be comfortable and able to move a bit more smoothly. I thought he might be this season's Giles, but he is going to have to work it a bit more to keep the ladies' votes. (Judges score - 15)
Kate Gosselin and Tony Dovolani – I don’t suspect that she’ll be around for too long. A pretty safe routine, looked pretty nervous. Agree with Len, if she can’t get over that, she is going to fall flat on her face. It’s almost like she is trying too hard to fit in with Hollywood.  (Judges score – 16)
Pam Anderson and Damian Whitewood – I’m looking forward to this new guy. I think he has a lot of potential and will be good for her. She has the confidence, but not the skill quite yet. I think she is going to try and wear as little clothes as possible and see how far they get. She is taking the seducing the judges a little far during their comments. (Judges score – 21)

Overall, this is going to be a tough season. There is a lot of potential out there. We’ll see if the judges continue to favor the same stars next week. There were some awfully generous scores. Ocho Cinco was robbed. 

What did you think of the show tonight?

No comments:

Post a Comment