Wednesday, March 17, 2010

What's so bad about being a homebody?

Happy St. Patty's Day!



To say my husband is a social butterfly would be an understatement. He is the extrovert of all extroverts. He can talk to anyone about anything at anytime. He could go out every single night of the week to socialize, I am worn out after a couple hours. I honestly can only schedule one big social outing in a weekend, I feel completely drained after one big night out. I am what you would probably classify as a homebody. I like to be in my house, in my comfy clothes, curled up with a good book and the dogs. With packed weekends filling the calendar, I cherish quiet week nights at home. When husband suggests a week night outing, I resist.

With tonight being St. Patty's Day he wants to go out and celebrate our non Irish heritage. I don't mind him going out without me, I encourage it so I can have some peace and quiet at home watching trashy television guilt free, but unfortunately all of his friends like me and give me grief when I don't come out too. When the suggestion came up today I offered a compromise, can we promise to be home by 7 (geez, just writing that I'm seeing exactly how lame I am)? He's the one with the 3AM alarm, but would sacrifice sleep for socializing. We'll see what tonight brings.

Do you and your significant other have different opinions on what a rockin weeknight entails?

No comments:

Post a Comment